Not as long as there is breath in this old wizard!
Ombric is role-played by nobody.
Ombric is the founder of Santoff Claussen, a haven for imagination and invention. He is one of the last great wizards and a survivor of the lost city of Atlantis. He specializes in old magic and speaks many insect languages. Ombric has a long white beard, white bushy eyebrows. He wears a long robe and has a hat. He also carries around a staff.
Ombric is a wise and powerful old wizard, serving as a mentor to both North and Katherine. He is generally considered a kind-hearted person, though he has shown a disliking to the un-pure of heart, creating several magical barriers to protect his haven of Santoff Clausen by blocking the entrance to, and if that fails, killing, bandits and the sinful. Despite his age and wisdom, Ombric is always excited to learn new things, he enjoys using a time machine to observe events of the past, and admires Bunnymund as a mentor. Though still healthy and active, it seems that his age is getting to him during his most recent battles. It is shown that he cares deeply for Nicholas, Katherine and the people of Santoff Clausen.
- "I suggest, given current events, that the safest place for the chlidren to sleep this night is Big Root. An ancient evil has awakened- and I must tell you more. Come."
- "Pitch has returned. We've seen the proof."
- It can't get out. The glass is made from star sand, like the windows in Big Root."
- "Not as long as there is breath in this old wizard!"
- "Admirable piece of work. Well built and wisely conceived. It will be of great use for our journey."
- "Doubly clever you are, Nicholas, but I have studied Master da Vinci too."
- "Da Vinci were good friends, you know. However, his design never worked properly."
- "I'm going to travel back to the moment when Pitch attack the Moon, I'll be able to see exactly where the relics fell. Finding them is our best hope of defeating him."
- To protect Santoff Claussen from people who might want to break in with ill intent, Ombric used his magic to create certain creatures to ward off threats. The first is The Spirit of the Forest, a beautiful creature whose body seems to be covered in diamonds and rubies. She is a temptress to those who wish to exploit the goodness of the city and those who try to take her treasures are turned to stone and used for the city's defenses. The other being is a large Bear who quietly patrols the forest. He is loyal and powerful, while also a friend to the citizens of Santoff Claussen.
- Ombric may be the character 'Father Time' due to his love of time travel. Though this has not yet been canonically stated.
- When Ombric first attempted to use magic to fly, he almost died and was saved by Bunnymund. When he met the same Pooka again during the battle at the earth's core, he began to respect and idolize his savior and new friend.
- The pictures of Ombric came from https://www.google.si/search?q=pitch+black+rotg&biw=834&bih=395&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=CC4DVY-VPIv3UtrggNAJ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=ombric+shalazar+guardians+of+childhood&spell=1